PARENT AND TOT MUSIC PROGRAM
AGE 18 MONTHS TO 3 YEARS
Your toddler will blossom musically, developmentally, and socially with Kindermusik Wiggle & Grow! This parent and tot program incorporates a wide variety of activities for toddlers to help boost their early development. You and your toddler will have so much fun singing, dancing, sharing stories, and exploring all kinds of different instruments, you almost won’t realize how much you’re learning about different sounds, rhythms, and patterns! You will be amazed at your child’s musicality, creativity, and capacity to learn in the delightfully engaging and flexible environment that is Kindermusik Wiggle & Grow.
Our Kindermusik Educators
Each of our Kindermusik instructors are dedicated early childhood educators that love music. They believe whole-heartedly in music’s ability to help children learn and grow in all areas of development, from listening and literacy to balance and coordination! Their passion for music and knowledge of early childhood development ensures that each one of our young Kindermusik friends gets the most out of each and every class that they attend, and has a great start to their emotional, physical, and musical development.
Additional Course Information
- 40 minute weekly class
- Bonding time for you and your toddler
- Limited to 12 students per class
- Focus: encourages creativity and confidence!
“Play is the highest form of research” – Albert Einstein
- Home Activity Book
- Home CD
- Music instrument* *Included in every other monthly session
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN CLASS
- A clean, child-safe environment with padded carpeting
- Musical concepts. Your child will be having so much fun, she won’t even realize she’s learning about steady beat, tempo, musical form, musical contour, high and low, loud and quiet, and much more!
- Instruments and ensembles. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead her to discover her potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Exploration time. Your child will thrive in a joyful, child-centered, toddler group environment, discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, movements, and new ideas.
- Twirling, hopping, and dancing. Each class provides a variety of opportunities for movement, including steady beat movement, spatial exploration, expressive movement, group dances, and circle games.
- Vocal play. Through vocal play in our toddler music classes, kids learn to say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection, and develop their singing voices.
- Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development, fostering awareness of sounds, teaching use of language, and sending the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her learn to read music.
- Together time. Kindermusik is more than a toddler group. It’s the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
Kindermusik program is built on decades of scientifically-based research about how children learn most effectively! The research is clear: music enhances early literacy and cognitive development, strengthening crucial brain pathways young children need to succeed in school. The benefits of Kindermusik , include but not limited to:
Social and Emotional Development: Children develop social and emotional skills that are essential for school readiness—like the ability to regulate their responses and relate to others in complex ways.
Early Literacy: They gain the phonological processing, spoken language, and comprehension skills that are the foundation of reading.
Physical: By moving and dancing to music and playing simple instruments, children improve their gross and fine motor skills.
Creative: Activities that encourage freedom within a fun and friendly structure spark children’s creativity and provide inspiration.
Quantitative: Children build the spatial-temporal and reasoning skills required for math, science, and engineering.