YAMAHA MUSIC PROGRAM
The Yamaha Music Education System philosophy believes that everyone is able to learn and enjoy music. Students of the Yamaha program receive a well-rounded musical education through participating in a variety of research-based musical activities. Yamaha believes that everyone is capable of creating their own music, and teaches students how to improvise and compose their own music after they develop their essential skills.
The four main characteristics of Yamaha music programs are:
- Timely Instruction – Yamaha tailors its courses to fit a child’s physical and emotional development. For example, the Music Wonderland (for ages 3-4) and Junior Music Courses (for ages 4-6) focus on training the ear because the ear is at is its peak of development between the ages of 3 and 6. The Young Musicians Course (for ages 6-8) begins to include more performance-based skills as the students are more physically and emotionally mature.
- Comprehensive Music Education – As well as learning to play their instrument, students sing solfege and play in ensembles to learn the fundamentals of good musicianship. These activities help with skills like developing pitch, learning notes, and understanding how to play with other musicians.
- Group Lessons – Studying music in a group setting allows students to have the support of encouragement of their peers as they learn. Through singing, playing and performing with others, they create their own community of musicians that will challenge and motivate them as they continue through their musical journey.
- Systematic Education Program – Extensive research and experimentation goes into developing Yamaha’s education materials. These texts and teaching aids are continuously reviewed and updated by the Yamaha Music Foundation. Yamaha instructors are specially trained in the Yamaha method and attend regular educational seminars to guarantee consistent program delivery.
Kindermusik is a research-based early childhood music education system that takes learning through music to the next level! The program activities help to boost a child’s overall physical, cognitive and emotional development. The class is also a great opportunity for you to bond and have fun with your child.
Kindermusik classes help to develop the following skills:
- Reading – Through singing and storytelling activities, children develop the language and comprehension skills that are the foundation of reading.
- Quantitative – Children build spatial-temporal and reasoning skills needed for math, science, and engineering through engaging in physical activities like hoop play.
- Social – Playing and singing with others in a classroom setting enhances social and emotional skills, like regulating responses and relating to others.
- Physical – Children improve their gros and fine motor skills through activities like dancing, creative movement, and playing simple instruments.
- Creative – Kindermusik kids are given the freedom to share ideas and express themselves creatively within the safe structure of the classroom, boosting self-confidence and communication skills.
And of course, they develop a lifelong love of music.