Music Wonderland For Ages 3-4
Music Wonderland is a world-renowned music program for children specifically designed to nurture this important developmental stage through the learning and enjoyment of music with parents and new friends.
Music Wonderland begins teaching music through a very natural approach. Children are invited to listen and react to music through body movement and making sound with the keyboard. The music being taught is expressive, and helps children learn the concepts of strong and weak, fast and slow, smooth and bouncy…
Between the ages of three and five, a child’s ear is at it’s peak for development and sensitivity. This music program for children makes learning music feel as natural to a child as learning their first language. Having the opportunity to sing and play music at this age enhances this aural development, making it easier for them to listen and mimic the sounds they are hearing with their voice or on the keyboard
Group classes promote teamwork, develop a sense of community between students and encourage children to express themselves in front of their peers. Learning and playing music with other children their age will give them the confidence to express themselves not only in music class, but in other group environments as well.
Additional Course Information
- 37 week sessions
- In-class concerts
- 45 minute weekly class
- Parent participation is required
- Limited to 11 students per class
- “Imagination is much more important than knowledge” – Albert Einstein
- Listening Ability: As this is a most significant period of aural development, a rich and varied array of listening activities develops sensitivity and listening ability and enables students to perceive music’s power to vividly express images and emotions.
- Social Development: The parent’s role is very important in a child’s life at this age. Because of this, interaction between parent and child is an important focus in the group lessons. Also, through the group lessons children develop the basic skills of relating to other children and adults.
- Keyboard Experience: Children experience sound through the keyboard and learn about the fun of keyboard playing. Appropriate to this stage in their physical development, initial playing activities engage the use of large motor skills.
- Cultivation of the Imagination: Fantasy, play, and the imagination are important tools to use in a young child’s education. Suitable colorful, playful imagery, sounds, and subjects fill the activities, textbooks, and music.
Based on the scientific research, child`s aural skills are rapidly developing between the age of 4 to 5. This is why kids immersed in a foreign language environment will develop ability to understand and speak a foreign language significantly faster than adults. Music is a language, and those exposed to the formal music education at the early stages of their lives, have significantly higher chance to develop perfect or relative pitch.
The age requirement ensures that students get the most out of their classes. The Yamaha Music Education System tailors their programs to fit students’ emotional and physical development. Because of this, children must enroll in the age-appropriate course so that they can progress smoothly to the next level of the course.
Yamaha believes that everyone has the potential to develop musical ability, and that everyone has the capacity to create, perform and enjoy the music that they make. The three main characteristics of Yamaha’s unique music education system are:
- Timely Education – Children’s listening skills develop dramatically during their early years. Each course helps students to cultivate musical sense through guided listening, singing, and playing activities, and uses a variety of music and musical styles to develop their musical ear.
- Group Lessons – Yamaha has adopted the format of group lessons because we believe it is vital for children to share the excitement and joy of music with their friends. Through group lessons, students inspire each other and work together to learn and play music. The spirit of cooperation and sociability is nurtured through this learning format.
- Comprehensive Musical Training – Yamaha Music Education programs offer balanced courses with lessons incorporating playing, listening, singing, reading and creating. Through these activities, children develop well-rounded music skills.
The Yamaha Music Education System is a comprehensive teaching method that includes singing, ear training, music appreciation and movement. Their method of teaching encourages students to become a part of the musical community through group classes, ensembles, parents, teachers, friends and concerts. In the beginning, the keyboard is used as tool to develop a wide range of musical abilities.
Private lessons are an important part of Yamaha training; however, they are added later when the student is more mature and has developed their core musical skills.