Yamaha Music Education
Junior Music Program For Children 4-5.5
Our Junior Music program, which is part of the Yamaha Music Education System, helps balance the intellectual and emotional growth that your child is developing through the early years of their life. Discovering music’s expressive nature will also provide them with another way to explore their imagination and be creative in different environments!
Yamaha Music Education
Junior Music Course is a well-balanced program offered as part of Yamaha Music Education with lessons that include more than just playing notes on a piano. Students learn in this class by listening, singing, playing, and reading music, ultimately making creations of their own! This well-rounded educational experience will allow your child to develop a comprehensive understanding of music, and in time can make playing, reading, and composing music as natural to them as speaking, reading, and writing their first language.
A child’s listening skills begin developing rapidly at the age of four. They are very interested in new sounds and are eager to learn new words. Introducing music learning between this age and the age of six boosts their listening skills through guided singing and playing. Music learning also kick starts the development of fine motor skills as they learn to play songs on the keyboard using each one of their fingers!
Music is made to be shared! Group lessons will give your child the experience of sharing the excitement and joy of music with friends. Yamaha Music Education programs provide the opportunity to express themselves creatively in front of others. It will also help build their confidence and make them more comfortable communicating and sharing their ideas in other group settings, like at school!
A child’s listening skills begin developing rapidly at the age of four. They are very interested in new sounds and are eager to learn new words. Introducing music learning between this age and the age of six boosts their listening skills through guided singing and playing. Learning music also kick starts developing fine motor skills as your child learns to play songs on the keyboard using each one of their fingers!
The Junior Music Course, one of the programs from Yamaha Music Education series, introduces musical concepts gradually, allowing students to enjoy the process of learning. They will:
- Play an entire song comfortably after three months.
- Play an entire song using both hands simultaneously after six months.
- Learn chords in different keys after one year.
- Play in a variety of styles and tonalities using different musical concepts and expressions after two years.
- Be introduced to basic introduction to composition and improvisation techniques after three years.
- Build on their knowledge of composition and improvisation techniques, and use them to write more complex original compositions after four years.
Register For Free Demo Class
Additional Course Information
Parents provide support and encouragement throughout the learning process. Having a parent in the classroom helps their child feel happy and secure, giving them more confidence to participate in classroom activities. Students with parents who are engaged in the learning process are more motivated and have a more successful home practice, as the parent knows what was covered in class and how to help the student if they are having trouble.
• Fundamental Skills Survey
• Yamaha Grade Examination, Grade 10
• Yamaha Grade Examination, Grade 9
*All evaluations are optional.
Yamaha Music Education believes that everyone has the potential to develop musical ability, and that everyone has the capacity to create, perform and enjoy the music that they make. The three main characteristics of Yamaha’s unique music education system are:
- Timely Education – Children’s listening skills develop dramatically during their early years. Each course helps students to cultivate musical sense through guided listening, singing, and playing activities, and uses a variety of music and musical styles to develop their musical ear.
- Group Lessons – Yamaha has adopted the format of group lessons because we believe it is vital for children to share the excitement and joy of music with their friends. Through group lessons, students inspire each other and work together to learn and play music. The spirit of cooperation and sociability is nurtured through this learning format.
- Comprehensive Musical Training – Yamaha Music Education programs offer balanced courses with lessons incorporating playing, listening, singing, reading and creating. Through these activities, children develop well-rounded music skills.
The Yamaha Music Education System’s unique approach to teaching music works to develop a student’s musicality through program activities that include:
- Ear Training / Pitch Development
- Keyboard Playing
- Singing with Lyrics
- Solfege Singing
- Sight Singing & Playing
- Rhythm Training
- Ensemble Playing
- 37-week sessions
- In-class concerts
- 55-minute weekly class
- Parent participation is required
- Limited to 10 students per class
“Imagination is much more important than knowledge” – Albert Einstein