Private Guitar Lessons
Whether you’re interested in learning classical guitar or jamming out to your favourite rock music, we can get you to where you want to be! 88Keys offers guitar lessons for students ages 6 and up. Join us for one-on-one lessons with a professional, university-trained musician. Our teachers are trained and knowledgeable in a wide variety of musical styles. No matter the path you would like to take, you can be confident that they will get you there. Your instructor will work with you to build a personalized education plan that teaches you the technical skills needed to become a great guitar player while having fun. So what are you waiting for? Let’s start today!
Why Take Guitar Lessons From A Professional?
Learning guitar from a book, DVD or YouTube cannot replace training with a real live person. Here are just a few of the benefits of taking guitar lessons from a trained professional:
- QUALIFICATION: Being able to ask someone questions and having them explain it in a way that you understand is invaluable. All of our teachers have a formal music education and will be able to answer any questions you might have throughout your musical journey.
- FEEDBACK: Having someone to look at the way a student sits, holds the guitar, and places their fingers is a vital part of learning to play the instrument. This immediate feedback ensures that students avoid common mistakes and pitfalls, making them a better musicians overall!
- STRUCTURE: A good teacher will provide structure throughout the learning process. This is especially important during the early stages of learning when students build a regular practice routine.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Studies show that when we are accountable to someone, we are far more likely to stay on course. Having weekly lessons with a teacher ensures that students stay committed and motivated in their practice – and in turn will see better results!
- INSPIRATION: A good teacher inspires. Lessons in a fun and positive environment will promote the enjoyment of learning and playing music. This way, they will practice because they WANT to learn, not because they HAVE to.